"If Real Estate is your profession, then politics is your business."
The Louisiana REALTORS® Political Action Committee serves as our memberships’ voice in the political arena. LARPAC is an autonomous, voluntary, non-profit, unincorporated team of local, state and national REALTORS®. LARPAC is not affiliated with any political party, and is not a branch or subsidiary of any national or other political committee, but abides by the National Association of REALTORS® cooperative agreement.
Locally, the New Orleans Metropolitan Political Action Team (NOMPAT) serves as the LARPAC Committee of NOMAR. NOMPAT is comprised of elected and appointed REALTORS® from diverse companies, geographical areas, and political spectrums, who all serve as the voice in politics for our membership.
Through LARPAC contributions, NOMAR members fund the efforts to support candidates and issues that help protect the real estate industry. These contributions help us effectively communicate and influence lawmaking activities at the local, state and federal level.
Most recently, your LARPAC contributions have been used in the following ways:
- Ensuring the reauthorization of the National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP) is done in ways that will not negatively impact property owners or real estate transactions
- Work with local Councils to help create effective strategies for affordable housing challenges
- Prevent sales tax on commissions
- Preserve the Mortgage Interest Deduction (MID)
- Protect private property rights
"Protecting the future of your profession is our job...Making an investment in LARPAC is yours."