To register to vote you must:
- be a U.S. citizen;
- be 17 years old (16 years old if registering in person at the Registrar of Voters Office or at the Louisiana Office of Motor Vehicles), but must be 18 years old to vote;
- not be under an order of imprisonment for conviction of a felony;
- not be under a judgment of full interdiction for mental incompetence or partial interdiction with suspension of voting rights;
- reside in the state and parish in which you seek to register; and
- must be registered at least 20 days prior to an election if registering through the GeauxVote Online Registration System or 30 days prior to an election if registering in person or by mail registration to be eligible to vote in that particular election.
Click here to register to vote or change your Louisiana voter registration information.
To check your registration status or find your polling place, click here.